Booking Conditions for Chambres d’hôtes and Gites
- The properties at La Villa des Roses are offered for rental subject to receipt of a 25% non-refundable deposit, most of this will, however,be refunded if your holiday prooperty can be relet. We also ask clients to read this conditions and sign the booking form.
- The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start if the rental period. If payment is not received by this date, the owner reserves the right to give notice by e-mail that the reservation may be cancelled. Note that holiday cancellations will incur penalties if the property cannot be relet at the normal price. Eight weeks delay before the holiday start date will incur 50% of total payment, 6 weeks 60%, 4 weeks 75% and 2 weeks 100%. Note that in case of illness these sums will be refunded by your insurance on presentation of our recepit and a letter from us (and your doctor). If the property is relet at an ‘offer price’ due to the above citcumstances the penalty for cancellation will be the difference between the relet price and the book price.
- Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- A cleaning deposit of 50€ is required to be paid in cash on acceptance of the property. plus damage deposit credit card number, . The cleaning deposit is refunded in cash at the end of the holiday period when the property is left cleaned to a standard that incoming clients may expect. If you would like a full clean and bed change during your stay, the prices are as above.
- Breakages should be paid for or replaced. The liability of the client to the owner can exceed these amounts in case of excessive damge to the property or the surrounds of the property caused by the client or a member of his party. We are now obliged to insist on damage cover by an active credit card due to a little too much dishonesty on the breakage front – very sorry. however we don’t hold a cashed cheque against breakages so our honest clients will not suffer from this new rule.
- Clients may choose not to reclaim the cleaning deposit and leave this as a payment for a full cleaning of the property at the end of their stay by arrangement with the owners. (Make it a real holiday and let us do the cleaning for you!).
- All amounts paid for the letting of the property are non-refundable, clients are therefore advised to take out holiday insurance, which should cover personal belongings and liability.
- The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day, and finish at 10.00am on the last day. the owner shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before the stated time and the client shall not be entitled to stay in occupation after the time stated. Clients must arrive between 16.00h and 20.00h on the day of arrival unless prior arrangements have been made. Note that early arrivals can sometimes be accommodated, please ‘phone to see if suitable arrangements can be made if you wish to arrive a few hours early.
- The maximum numbers to reside in the property is clearly stated on each property description.
- The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the proerty, and to leave it in clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period or forfeit all or part of the cleaning deposit. The client also agrees not to act in a way that would cause disturnbance to those in residence in neighbouring properties.
- The client shall report to the owners without delay any defects in the property or equipment so that repair/replacement can be made as soon as possible.
- The owner shall not be liable to the client:
- For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property, garden or swimming pool.
- For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the owners control.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or sufferred by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner shall, within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previosly paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the owners liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.